Apple has released the fifth beta version of iOS 7 for developers. The new beta includes many bug fixes and several feature enhancements, and arrives as build is 11A4449a.
Download iOS 7 Beta 5 via OTA
As an OTA update, iOS 7b5 weighs in between 100mb-250mb, depending on the device to be installed on. As usual, over-the-air updating is the fastest way to get the latest beta on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Head to Settings, go to General, then go to “Software Update”
The OTA delta update is fairly small, and other than often stalling on “Preparing Update” for a while, is generally very quick to install.
iOS 7 Beta 5 Direct Download Links
Those registered with the iOS Developer Program can also grab beta 5 firmware directly from Apple servers. In order to use these links you will want to be logged into the dev center beforehand:
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi Fi
- iPad 2 Wi Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
As usual, the direct download links arrive as a disk image which can be mounted for access to the IPSW firmware file. Using the IPSW must be done through the latest version of iTunes.
Additionally, a new beta update to Apple TV is also available for developers to test:
- Apple TV Software beta (3rd generation Rev A)
- Apple TV Software beta (3rd generation)
- Apple TV Software beta (2nd generation)
Beta releases of system software are intended for developer use only. The wider public release of iOS 7 is set for this fall, likely alongside a new iPhone and iPad model.